Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Mr. Rockwell




Wow, what a day wasted or a day overworked - depending on how you judge - if I have not used google until 11pm at night only to find that my idol Norman Rockwell was born on this day.






What can I say - the man was an amazing painter and I hope someday to come close to matching his talent. Until that day comes though I will sit and stare in awe at his unbelievable talent and expertise.






So what's my favorite Rockwell painting? Without a doubt Golden Rule. seen below:









With The Problem We All Live With - a close 2nd.






And I didn't even know about this one until today but Negro in the Suburbs is somewhat humorous and might work it's way up my list in the future:


Mr. Rockwell - I thank you so much for your work and your influence. You are still missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment